Sign up here for 3D Build & Play news!
Stay in Touch
How it Works
As a tactile learning toy, 3D Build & Play teaches fine motor skills, hands-on learning, and three-dimensional thinking, all while having a ton of fun. Using low-heat, BPA-free and non-toxic plastic, 3D Build & Play is completely safe for kids to use.Buy Yours Today
What Can You Make?
Create in 3D in Seconds
3D Build & Play by 3Doodler allows parents and kids to create in 3D in seconds.
- Fine motor skills
- 3D thinking
- Hands-on learning
Easy to Use
Designed to be fun and easy to hold and use, the crank can be moved for left or right-handed users.
Is the 3D Build & Play safe for children?Completely. The 3D Build & Play and filaments are specially designed to be completely safe for kids of ages 4 and above. There are no hot parts on the exterior of the Build & Play, and the filaments are non-toxic, BPA-free, and completely biodegradable in your household compost.
Is the filament hot when it comes out of the pen?The filament is warm, but completely safe to touch when it emerges from the tip of the 3D Build & Play. You can safely use your hands to shape your Doodles to perfection.
Does the 3D Build & Play need to be plugged in?Good news! The 3Doodler Build & Play is completely cordless, and works with 3x AA batteries (not included).
Is the 3D Build & Play compatible with other 3Doodler filaments or accessories?The 3D Build & Play works with the same filaments that the 3Doodler Start uses, as well as all of the 3Doodler Start accessories. Note that it is not compatible with any 3Doodler Create or PRO filaments or accessories.
Does the 3D Build & Play come with a warranty?Yes, the 3D Build & Play is covered by our one year warranty. Please see the terms of the limited warranty here.
Can I reuse or recycle 3Doodler Build & Play filaments?Used (extruded) 3D Build & Play filament cannot be reinserted into the pen. However, the non-toxic 3D Build & Play filament is completely biodegradable in your household compost.
Are batteries included?No. You will need to purchase 3 x AA batteries.
Can I use other filaments with the 3D Build & Play instead of what you sell?No. The 3D Build & Play / 3Doodler Start filament was specially developed for the 3D Build & Play and the 3Doodler Start. Using third party filaments will cause damage to your device and may cause injury to you.
Will the pen 3D Build & Play clog? What is the unclogging procedure?The Build & Play may become clogged if a used strand with a melted end is inserted, or if extruded plastic is put back inside of the pen. To troubleshoot, please follow these steps:
- Ensure the batteries have sufficient charge.
- Reverse the plastic by cranking the handle backwards.
- Adults only for this step: Please try reversing the pen while gently knocking the pen (with the Feed Port facing down) on a surface to dislodge the plastic strand.
- If that does not work, try running the pen forward, while using a second strand of Build & Play plastic to firmly push the plastic inside forwards. If there is a small jam, this should force the plastic through the pen and clear it out.
- Finally, if the above hasn't worked, please cut off the tip of a new piece of plastic at a 45 degree angle. Insert that plastic into the Build & Play, and run it through.
- If none of these steps help, please contact our friendly customer service team by emailing us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
My 3D Build & Play characters have excess plastic around the edges. Help!If there is extra plastic around the edges of your 3D Build & Play characters, any adult can use scissors to trim the excess plastic off. To avoid having extra plastic around the edges of the 3D Build & Play characters, be mindful to fill the molds just to the edges of the character outline, and not to overfill them.